Sunday, 10 December 2017

HOW TO GAIN INNER PEACE? 36

THE HOLY PROPHET ﷺ AND CONTENTMENT (قناعت)

Once an angel presented before the Holy Prophet ﷺ and said, “If you command, the whole of Uhud mountain will be turned into gold, and it will all be your property.” The Holy Prophet ﷺ declined the offer and said, “I want to live life this way that if I get something to eat, I eat it after doing Shukr (شکر), and if I don’t get something to eat then I do Sabr (صبر), so that I get the blessings of both Shukr and Sabr. And I do not want excess of wealth. I want that Ghina (غنا) that makes me turns towards Allah Ta’alah.” He, therefore, made the following prayer;
الّلہم انّی اعوذ بک من کّل غنی یطغینی

“O’ Allah! I seek refuge from such wealth that shall make me disobedient.”

No comments:

Post a Comment