Sunday 10 December 2017

HOW TO GAIN INNER PEACE? 36

THE HOLY PROPHET AND CONTENTMENT (قناعت)

Once an angel presented before the Holy Prophet and said, “If you command, the whole of Uhud mountain will be turned into gold, and it will all be your property.” The Holy Prophet declined the offer and said, “I want to live life this way that if I get something to eat, I eat it after doing Shukr (شکر), and if I don’t get something to eat then I do Sabr (صبر), so that I get the blessings of both Shukr and Sabr. And I do not want excess of wealth. I want that Ghina (غنا) that makes me turns towards Allah Ta’alah.” He, therefore, made the following prayer;
الّلہم انّی اعوذ بک من کّل غنی یطغینی

“O’ Allah! I seek refuge from such wealth that shall make me disobedient.”

No comments:

Post a Comment