Friday 10 November 2017

HOW TO GAIN INNER PEACE? 7

HOW DID HAZRAT ABDULLAH IBN MUBARAK GAIN INNER PEACE?

Hazrat Abdullah Ibn Mubarak RE used to say that there was a phase in my life when I spent all my time with very rich friends. But at that time no one was more distressed and sad than me. Whenever I visited a friend I saw that their house was better than mine, their transport was better than my transport, and their clothes were more expensive than my clothes. No matter how expensive clothes I bought, there was always some friend whose clothes were more expensive than mine. Then, instead of rich people, I started spending time with people who were financially just average. As a result of that I gained inner peace and tranquillity because when I visited a friend now I saw that my house was better than theirs, my transport was better than their transport, and my clothes were costlier than their clothes, and I thank Allah Ta’alah that He has blessed me with so much more wealth than other people. This is contentment (قناعت), and unless a person achieves it he will always remain dissatisfied and unhappy.

No comments:

Post a Comment