Wednesday 29 November 2017

HOW TO GAIN INNER PEACE? 26

 DOING ALLAH TA’ALAH’S SHUKR

In this Hadith, the Holy Prophet has advised us to do two things, to keep doing Shukr (thanks) to Allah Ta’alah, and to avoid being ungrateful. We keep being showered in blessings from Allah Ta’alah the whole day. We have a roof over our heads, we have plenty of food on our tables, we have been blessed with good health, we have been blessed with loving families, wonderful children, good jobs, good incomes, but it hardly ever occurs to us to do Allah Ta’alah’s Shukr for all that he has blessed us with. And yet when the smallest of things happens against our wishes we ignore all these blessings, and start being ungrateful to Allah Ta’alah for that one thing that is wrong in our lives.


When someone asks us, “How are you? or how is your life?”, how many of us stop to think about all the blessings that Allah Ta’alah has showered upon us, which we are enjoying every moment, and then say that I am grateful to Allah Ta’alah for all his blessings that he has granted me. When we are in some difficulty do we ever say to Allah Ta’alah that “O’ Allah! I am grateful for all the good things you have given me. And I know that this difficulty that I am going through is also a blessing from you, but I am weak, it is difficult for me to bear it. Can you please remove this difficulty from me?” Are we ever mindful that even at that moment we are facing some difficulty in life, how many blessings from Allah Ta’alah we are enjoying at the same time?

No comments:

Post a Comment