Monday 9 October 2017

LOVE ALLAH’S CREATIONS: 7

REWARD OF BEING KIND TO ANIMALS


I heard this narrative many times from my Sheikh Hazrat Dr. Abdul Hai RE that there was a Sufi saint who was a great scholar of Shariah, Hadith and Tafsir. He spent his entire life spreading religious knowledge. When he passed away, one of his disciples saw him in his dream. He asked, “Hazrat! How were you dealt with?” The saint said, “It was Allah Ta’alah’s kindness that He showed mercy towards me. However, what happened to me was very strange. I had spent all my life imparting religious education. I had written a lot of books, given a lot of sermons, written a lot of Fatwas, did a lot of preaching. I was thinking that when my fate is being decided these will all be mentioned, and Allah Ta’alah will forgive me as a result of all these services to Deen (religion). But when I was presented before Allah Ta’alah, Allah Ta’alah said, ‘I am forgiving you but do you know why I am forgiving you?’ I thought it must be because of all the efforts I had made to serve Allah’s Deen. But Allah Ta’alah said, ‘No! There is another reason why I have forgiven you. One day you were writing something. (in those days, pens made of wood were used for writing which were dipped in ink to write) You dipped your pen in ink to write. A fly sat on that pen and started sucking ink. You waited for a while and thought that this fly looks thirsty. I will let her suck the ink and then write later. Because at that time you had stopped from writing purely because of your love for Me and My creation, and not for any other benefit, therefore, because of that act I forgive you today.”

No comments:

Post a Comment