Saturday 17 February 2018

TREAT YOUR RELATIVES WELL: 7

TREAT OTHERS WELL FOR ALLAH’S SAKE

It has been emphasized in every religion that a person should treat their relatives well and discharge their rights properly. However, the Holy Prophet has described a principle which is pretty unique and if people follow that principle closely they will never be able to violate the rights of their relatives. The principle is that whenever we are treating our relatives well, or are being kind to them, our intention should always be that I am doing this to please Allah Ta’alah. Rather than just repaying someone’s kindness, or expecting that this person will repay my kindness in the future, our intention (نیّت) should be that I am doing this solely because Allah Ta’alah has commanded me to do so, and I am doing this so that Allah Ta’alah will be happy with me.


When a person does kindness to his relatives with the above intention, the outcome of that is he or she does not wait that I will only be nice to people who have been nice to me in the past, or after doing some act of kindness they then do not start waiting for their relatives to ‘return’ or repay their kindness. His/her intention would be that I am doing this only to please Allah Ta’alah, if my relatives become happy and show kindness towards me, that is Allah Ta’alah’s great blessing, but if they don’t, then this person won’t be disappointed and will be kind to them in the future as well as they were not doing this for a reward from their relatives, they were doing it for a reward from Allah Ta’alah.

No comments:

Post a Comment