Saturday 10 February 2018

TREAT YOUR RELATIVES WELL: 1 (By Hazrat Moulana Mufti Muhammad Taqi Usmani DB)

(Disclaimer: It is not always possible to translate complex concepts and constructs from one language to another accurately. Also, because of the different audience I have had to explain some of the more complex concepts a bit though the meaning remains very close to the original text. May Allah Ta’alah forgive any unintended mistakes. Ameen)


Hazrat Abu Hurairah Razi Allah Anhu has narrated that the Holy Prophet said, “When Allah Ta’alah created living beings, then after that relationships (رشتہ داری) between people stood up, (How did relationships stand up? It is something that only Allah Ta’alah and his Holy Prophet know. However, this is how it has been narrated in this Hadith) and said, ‘O Allah! I seek protection from my rights being violated.’ (meaning people will violate my rights in the world and I seek your protection that nobody violates my rights.) Allah Ta’alah said, ‘Are you not happy that I proclaim that I will punish the person who violates your rights, and I will not fulfill their rights?’ In reply, relationships said, ‘O Allah! I am happy with that.’ Allah Ta’alah said, ‘I grant you that status and I declare that I will treat that person well who is mindful of the rights of his relatives and treats them well, and I will not be mindful of the rights of the person who violates the rights of his relatives.’”

No comments:

Post a Comment