Wednesday 27 September 2017

DO NOT CAUSE HARM TO OTHER PEOPLE: 24

CAUSING DISTRESS TO ONE’S FAMILY MEMBERS

These days we have become very careless about the rights and feelings of our close family members. Even those people who are polite to their acquaintances, take their close family members for granted and think that if any of my behaviours is causing distress to my wife, or my child, or my brother or sister, then so what. Because they are my close family members, therefore, I somehow have a right to hurt their feelings or cause them distress. This is a great misperception and mistake. The Holy Prophet used to be so careful about it that at the time of Tahajjud he did everything very quietly so as not to wake up Hazrat Aisha RAA. Please remember that just like it is a major sin to cause distress to or harm strangers, similarly, it is a major sin to cause distress to or harm one’s close family members.

No comments:

Post a Comment