Wednesday 3 January 2018

CONTROL YOUR ANGER: 21

NOT ACTING WHEN ANGRY

Hazrat Thanvi Rehmatullah Elaih used to say that “do not scold or punish your children, students, or disciples when you are angry. Because it is likely that if you do it then, you will exceed the limits of Shariah. Be quiet at that time. Then when your anger has subsided, then tell them what they have done wrong. You will be much less likely to exceed limits if you scold them when you are not angry, but if you do it when you are still overcome with emotions, you are much more likely the go beyond the limits of Shariah.”


Similarly, he used to say that, “even when I am telling a disciple (people who wanted to have their Tazkiah done under the supervision of Hazrat Thanvi RE used to come and stay at his seminary) for what they have done wrong, right at that time I still remain mindful that he is better in the eyes of Allah Ta’alah than I am, I am only doing this because I have been tasked to do so. And at the same time, I keep praying to Allah Ta’alah that O’ Allah! Please do not judge me on the day of Qiyamah (Day of Judgment) as harshly as I am judging him now. Whatever I am doing is in submission of what you have tasked me to do.”

No comments:

Post a Comment