Sunday 23 April 2017

THE REWARD FOR ACTIONS DEPENDS ON THE INTENTION

There are many good deeds which carry a great reward if done with the right intention, but go to waste and in fact incur Allah Ta'alah's displeasure if the intention is distorted. Visiting one's relatives, dealing nicely with them, giving them gifts, etc. are all such activities which earn great eternal reward (thawab) if done with an intention that they are part of Deen (religion) and I will perform these acts to please Allah Ta'alah. But if the intention gets distorted and the same deeds are done with an intention that I will only do a favour for someone if they have done a favour for me, for example I will not give a gift to someone who has not given gift to me, or if someone did not visit me when I was sick I will not go to see them when they are sick, then the same acts which have been praised greatly by Rasool Allah ﷺ got to waste and do not earn any thawab for the person.

From the talk "The etiquette of Iyadat (visiting a sick person) by Mufti Muhammad Taqi Usmani Daamat Barakatahum

No comments:

Post a Comment