Monday 8 February 2016

IMAN (FAITH) AND ITMEENAN (PEACE OF MIND)

A person said to a buzurg that when I think about it I do feel that there must be someone who has created this entire universe and and must be running it, even a small factory cannot run on its own forever, let alone the entire universe, but I do not have Itmeenan (peace of mind) about it. The buzurg smiled and said, "Hazrat Ibrahim AS requested Allah Ta'alah that I want to see how you will bring living beings back to life after they have died. Allah Ta'alah said, 'Do you not have Iman (faith) on my powers?' Hazrat Ibrahim AS said, 'I do have Iman but I want Itmeenan (peace of mind).'" The buzurg then said, "It means Iman and Itmeenan are two separate things. Those people who have Iman shouldn't worry too much about Itmeenan. They should keep doing good deeds. InshaAllah these good deeds will one day bring Itmeenan as well."

No comments:

Post a Comment