Monday 4 April 2016

DOING TABLEEGH (PREACHING) WHILE BEING A SINNER

A disciple once asked, "Hazrat! Before doing Tableegh (preaching) to anyone else I often think that this person is engaged in some sins, I am engaged in some other sins, and only Allah SWT knows who is engaged in greater sins. In that case what right do I have to do Tableegh to him?" Hazrat said, "Committing sins oneself should not stop anyone from doing Tableegh to others. What should happen is that we should help others to give up their sins and they should help us to give up our sins. 'A Muslim is a mirror for another Muslim.' This is what it means. For example, if two friends are both occupied with their worldly worries would one of them say that let me solve my problems first, only then  I will ask about your problems. Of course no real friend would ever say that. Rather both of them would rather try to help each other solve each other's problems."

About the same topic Hazrat once said, "One should not give up doing Tableegh because of one's sins but rather should give up committing sins because of doing Tableegh."

Hazrat once said, "Being involved in a sin does not mean one can not ask someone else to give up that sin. In such a situation what one can say is that I have been unable to give up this sin but maybe your situation is more conducive to giving up this sin than mine, that is why I am saying this to you."

No comments:

Post a Comment