Thursday 16 February 2017

"AND FEAR ALLAH AND BE SURE THAT YOU ARE GOING TO BE GATHERED BEFORE HIM." (SURAH AL-BAQARAH:203)

Part 3

A buzurg (holy man) once said, "When I returned from Hajj I once got an impulse to carry out a sin. I then heard a voice from someone I couldn't see: Haven't you performed the Hajj? Haven't you performed the Hajj? This voice became a barrier between me and that sin, and Allah Ta'alah protected me."

There was another Buzurg who was a disciple of Maulana Jami RE. He was such a pious person that he used to observe a halo of radiance over his head. He went to perform Hajj but after he returned he observed that that halo had disappeared. When he inquired with his spiritual teacher Maulana Jami about it, he said, "Before you went for Hajj you were a humble person. You used to weep before Allah thinking of yourself as a sinner. After doing Hajj you started thinking of yourself as a pious person and a saint, and your Hajj became a source of pride for you. That is why that halo disappeared."

To be continued...

From Ma'ariful Quran, by Mufti Muhammad Shafi RE

No comments:

Post a Comment