Monday 4 January 2016

TOLERATING DIFFERENCE

There was a buzurg (holy man) about whom another Aalim (religious scholar) had given fatwa of kufr (being a disbeliever) because of some difference in opinion about a religious matter. There were some people sitting with he buzurg when he heard the news of that Aalim having passed away. As soon as he heard the news the buzurg raised his hands for prayer of maghfirah (deliverance). People who were sitting there got very surprised and asked, "Hazrat (Sir)! This Aalim kept calling you a kafir all his life and now you are doing dua (prayer) of maghfirah for him?" The buzurg replied, "Yes, I am aware that he had given a fatwa (religious edict) of kufr against me but I also know that he did out of his love for Rasool Allah SAW. What I think is that if in Aakhirah (day of judgment) I say to Allah SWT that, "Ya Allah. This Aalim had declared me a kafir, and Allah SWT replies that I know and he was wrong but he did this because of his love for My prophet (SAW) so I forgive him, then what would I be able to say in reply?"

No comments:

Post a Comment